The main entry point to the Senior School is at Year 7 (age 11) where we currently welcome about 72 new students from a wide range of schools and 72 students from the RGS Junior School.
Year 7 applicants sit papers in English, Maths and Reasoning. A number of children are invited back for a brief, informal interview. This is an opportunity for us to get to know them better before deciding whether we can offer them a place in our Year 7. We also request a report from their current school.
Important dates for September 2017 applicants to Year 7:
- Deadline for registration: Monday 12th December 2016 (or Friday 2nd December 2016 if applying for bursary assistance)
- 11+ Examination: Saturday 28th January 2017
- Interviews: 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th February 2017
- Offers sent: Thursday 2nd March 2017
- Post-offer Taster Days: 7th, 8th and 9th March 2017