Junior School Information
Welcome to the Junior School section of the RGS website.
On this page you will find information you need as a parent, including term dates, how to report an absence, photos, videos, news and more.
Below is a list of websites which we think you might find useful.
Please Let us know of any others you come across.
- Resources for parents from the National Literacy Trust to support home learning
- Driver Youth Trust’s ‘At-home Activities’ pack contains 18 printable writing and drawing activities children can complete related to their reading book
- OUP’s Oxford Owl for Home site includes lots of resources to support home learning, including free ebooks.
- Year 1-8 Maths lesson plans and videos from White Rose Maths to support parents with home learning
- Third Space Maths Hub are offering free maths home learning resources for Key Stage 1 and 2
- Robin Hood MAT have shared all of their learning projects for use by parents and / or other schools
- Public Health England’s e-bug website includes resources for using with pupils to encourage habits to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- The Economist Foundation offer free resources for teachers, parents and children to encourage critical thinking about current events
- Kurstin Diggs and others have collated a list of publishers and authors who have given permission for their books to be read aloud online during the COVID-19 outbreak and any requirements; School Library Journal have also collated similar information
- STEM Learning have produced free home learning materials for primary and secondary, covering a range of subjects including the sciences, computing, D&T and maths
- PE with Joe Wicks https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro
- Maths with Carol Vorderman www.themathsfactor.com
- David Walliams - various free audio stories nhttps://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Cooking with Jamie Oliver) https://www.jamieoliver.com/feat…/category/get-kids-cooking/
- History with Dan Snow (free for 30-days) https://tv.historyhit.com/signup/package
- Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests https://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome/upcoming-schedule
- Education Quizzes https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/english/
- BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/ks2/zvh3jhv
- Classroom secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- Teacher's pet https://tpet.co.uk/downloads/category/key-stage-two/
Reporting an Absence
If your son/daughter will be absent from school, please call 0191 281 8955 before 9am giving their name, form and reason for absence.
If they are to be absent for a second day or longer, please keep us informed by phoning the number above on each morning of the absence, or email
- Friday 5th June 2020
- Thursday 21st May 2020
- Friday 15th May 2020
- Thursday 7th May 2020
- Friday 1st May 2020
- Thursday 2nd April 2020
- Friday 27th March 2020
- Friday 20th March 2020
- Friday 13th March 2020
- Friday 6th March 2020
- Friday 28th February 2020
- Thursday 13th February 2020
- Friday 7th February 2020
- Friday 31st January 2020
- Friday 24th January 2020
- Friday 17th January 2020
- Friday 10th January 2020
- Wednesday 11th December 2019
- Friday 6th December 2019