Junior School Information
Welcome to the Junior School section of the RGS website.
On this page you will find information you need including term dates, how to report an absence, photos, videos, news and more.
Below is a list of websites which we think you might find useful.
Please Let us know of any others you come across.
- Resources for parents from the National Literacy Trust to support home learning
- Driver Youth Trust’s ‘At-home Activities’ pack contains 18 printable writing and drawing activities children can complete related to their reading book
- OUP’s Oxford Owl for Home site includes lots of resources to support home learning, including free ebooks.
- Year 1-8 Maths lesson plans and videos from White Rose Maths to support parents with home learning
- Third Space Maths Hub are offering free maths home learning resources for Key Stage 1 and 2
- Robin Hood MAT have shared all of their learning projects for use by parents and / or other schools
- Public Health England’s e-bug website includes resources for using with pupils to encourage habits to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- The Economist Foundation offer free resources for teachers, parents and children to encourage critical thinking about current events
- Kurstin Diggs and others have collated a list of publishers and authors who have given permission for their books to be read aloud online during the COVID-19 outbreak and any requirements; School Library Journal have also collated similar information
- STEM Learning have produced free home learning materials for primary and secondary, covering a range of subjects including the sciences, computing, D&T and maths
- PE with Joe Wicks https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro
- Maths with Carol Vorderman www.themathsfactor.com
- David Walliams - various free audio stories nhttps://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Cooking with Jamie Oliver) https://www.jamieoliver.com/feat…/category/get-kids-cooking/
- History with Dan Snow (free for 30-days) https://tv.historyhit.com/signup/package
- Science with Professor Brian Cox, Robin Ince & Guests https://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome/upcoming-schedule
- Education Quizzes https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/english/
- BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/ks2/zvh3jhv
- Classroom secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- Teacher's pet https://tpet.co.uk/downloads/category/key-stage-two/
Reporting an Absence
If your son/daughter will be absent from school, please call 0191 281 8955 before 9am giving their name, form and reason for absence.
If they are to be absent for a second day or longer, please keep us informed by phoning the number above on each morning of the absence, or email