Please note RGS is a suburban school located in Jesmond, just north of Newcastle upon Tyne city centre. Due to this, we regret that we do not have a public visitor car park, however we do benefit from excellent transport links.
- By rail: Newcastle Central Station is approximately one mile away and can be reached by taxi (10 minutes), metro (10 minutes) or on foot (30 minutes).
- By air: Newcastle Airport is eight miles away to the north west and can be reached by taxi (20 minutes) or metro (25 minutes).
- By metro: Jesmond Metro Station is located directly opposite the school and provides services to and from Newcastle Central Station, Newcastle Airport and other areas across Tyne and Wear.
- By Car: If you are visiting the senior school, please ensure you put the 4DX postcode into your sat nav. If you are visiting the Junior School, ensure you use the 4RX postcode. We regret that we cannot provide visitor parking. Pay and display parking is available on the neighbouring streets. Please note the traffic management scheme that is in place around the school:
- Eslington Terrace is one way North to South from Clayton Road
- Eskdale Terrace is one way South to North towards Clayton Road
- Lambton Road is one way entry from Brandling Park, but traffic can operate both ways along Lambton Road. You can exit Lambton Road onto Eskdale Terrace or Brandling Park.