The main entry point to the Senior School is at Year 7 (age 11) where we currently welcome about 72 new students from a wide range of schools and 72 students from the RGS Junior School.
Year 7 applicants will take an online aptitude test and a written English paper. A number of children are invited back for an informal group activity. This is an opportunity for us to get to know them better before deciding whether we can offer them a place in our Year 7. We also request a report from their current school.
Important dates for September 2022 applicants to Year 7:
- Deadline for registration: Friday 10th December 2021 (or Wednesday 24th November 2021 if applying for bursary assistance)
- Year 7 Assessment: Saturday 22nd January 2022
- Assessment Activity: From Thursday 3rd February 2022 - 15th February
- Offers sent: Tuesday 1st March
- Dates for 2023 applicants will be confirmed nearer the time.
Book a Visit
Our doors are always open for personal tours during normal school days.
To arrange a tour, please contact our Head of Admissions, Ali Perry, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 2128968
North East Independent School of the Decade
Click on the image to read the full article.