The main entry point to the Senior School is at Year 7 (age 11) where we currently welcome about 72 new students from a wide range of schools and 72 students from the RGS Junior School.
Year 7 applicants sit papers in English, Maths and Reasoning. A number of children are invited back for a brief, informal interview. This is an opportunity for us to get to know them better before deciding whether we can offer them a place in our Year 7. We also request a report from their current school.
Important dates for September 2021 applicants to Year 7:
- Deadline for registration: Friday 11th December 2020 (or Wednesday 25th November 2020 if applying for bursary assistance)
- 11+ Examination: Saturday 16th January 2021
- Interviews: Dates to be confirmed
- Offers sent: Thursday 25th February 2021
- Post-offer Taster Days: 2nd, 3rd and 4th March
- Dates for 2022 applicants will be confirmed nearer the time.
- Year 7 Sample Papers