The main entry point to the Senior School is at Year 7 (age 11) where we currently welcome about 72 new students from a wide range of schools and 72 students from the RGS Junior School.
Year 7 applicants sit papers in English, Maths and Reasoning. A number of children are invited back for a brief, informal interview. This is an opportunity for us to get to know them better before deciding whether we can offer them a place in our Year 7. We also request a report from their current school.
Important dates for September 2020 applicants to Year 7:
- Deadline for registration: Friday 13th December 2019 (or Wednesday 27th November 2019 if applying for bursary assistance)
- 11+ Examination: Saturday 25th January 2020
- Interviews: Wednesday 5th - Wednesday 12th February 2020
- Offers sent: Thursday 27th February 2020
- Post-offer Taster Days: 4th, 5th and 6th March
- Dates for 2020 applicants will be confirmed nearer the time.
- Year 7 Sample Papers